Dr. DiCicco has leaned on a lot of rails in the past twenty-five years or so. He believes that observation of your horse in motion is a critical ingredient in proper diagnosis and treatment. You’ll often find him at the track at the break of dawn, doing what he does best – figuring out what the problem with your horse is, and how to treat it.
Dr. DiCicco has been a private practitioner at many local raceways. Currently he serves as a private practitioner at Belmont Park/Yonkers Raceway/Saratoga/Aqueduct.
He is also a staff member at The Ark at JFK, monitoring the health of all horses imported and exported internationally.
Dr. DiCicco’s skills and interests include:
- Equine medical practitioner and veterinary management expertise
- Owner of Red Ground Farm Inc., Old Westbury, Long Island | Lay-up and rehabilitation center for equine athletes 1985-1990
- Key note speaker at 1st International Conference of Racetrack Investigators, Saratoga Springs 1996
- Working as a consultant with various interest groups such as the Standard Bred Owners Association of New York (SBOAONY) regarding the health and well-being of racehorses, security at international racing events, and the supervising of activity around quarantined animals for both caretakers and labor personnel
- Board Member Horse Abilities / Veterinary consultant for equine population
- Prepared young graduate Veterinarians from abroad for State Board Examination
- Trained students to assist veterinarians as equine vet techs
- Have provided experience/shadowing to pre-vet applicants to satisfy requirement for admission to Vet school
- Member of AVMA, NEAEP
To learn more about Dr. DiCicco visit his website here – http://drdicicco.com